Apple Care Repair

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Symbolism, Jun 27, 2010.

1. Symbolism macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

About a week ago I decided to take my mid 2009 13 inch MBP in for an annoying repair. Often times the superdrive would not eject intermittently and would require me to reboot several times or apply external force. It went on for a while, but I finally decided to bring it in since I didn't need to do any work on it for a few days.

I received it back yesterday and have replaced by superdrive. DVD's and CD's eject flawlessly now.

However, now the startup sound just isn't the same anymore. It's a completely new sound and I'm not sure if I'm paranoid, but I feel it's not authentically Mac anymore. Furthermore, the underside of my casing seems to now be very loose as the unibody metal can be pressed down to create a clicking sound, as if the parts inside are loose. If I lift the laptop off my lap or a desk, this metal morphing clicking sound occurs (not the hard drive).

Does anyone have any suggestions? Am I being too paranoid? Or is this grounds for me to have something done? The repair was done, but it just brought about more pain.

2. aeboi macrumors 65816

aeboi

If the sounds are real and you're really not imagining things, it should be covered by apple, no reason to take the BS

they should make it right