Apple Care+ Replacement Question...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Y2JDMBFAN, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Y2JDMBFAN macrumors regular

I have the worst luck in the world, but this time I did something smart. Before taking my iPhone 6 128GB - Veirzon Space Grey to the gym with me the first time, I called and added Apple Care+...Needless to say I am glad I did it, not 3 hours later at the gym did the iPhone 6 slide out of my pocket and damage the headphone jack.

My question is regarding the replacement, I assume they will give me another Verizon version, as I know Verizon used to only let you use iPhone's with Verizon IMEI's on their network. I know things have changed a bit with the 6 and 6+ and they are all the same between AT&T, T-Mobile, and Verizon, but I am assuming that Verizon has an IMEI database for ones sold as Verizon models.

I am using with AT&T, but if I resell it later to someone on Verizon, I don't want them to have problems activating it.

2. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Yes they will replace you with another verizon model. Apple has a way of knowing through the IMEI and the serial number whether the phone is AT&T/Verizon/T-Mo/Sprint