Apple Care Replacement Question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pcorrado, Oct 6, 2008.

1. pcorrado macrumors regular

First of all, I hope everyone is having a great day!

Second, I have a question for those of you with experience dealing with Apple Care. I was approved for a replacement under my Apple Care Warranty for my 1.5 year old Macbook, which I took advantage of and upgraded to a Macbook Pro (a gift to myself for passing the Illinois Bar)

This morning at around 9:30 am I spoke with Customer Relations and they told me to expect two emails: one from the representative handling my claim and the other from FedEx with a link to my shipping labels. I received the former email at around 10:15, but as of 4:00 pm I have yet to recieve the FedEx email.

I was jsut wondering what everyone's experience has been with receiving this email - in otherwords when sould I start to worry about not getting it. I was hoping I would get it out on FedEx's 8:00PM shipment since I they won't release my new MBP until the MB is scanned. But that's a problem between myself, Apple, and FedEx.

Anyway, any insight on this would great. Thank You to everyone who responds.

Regards,

Pat

2. jackiecanev2 macrumors 65816

jackiecanev2

My label from Apple came within a few hours. Check your spam folder just in case it got filtered, and if it's not there just go ahead and ring Applecare and tell them you haven't received the label yet.

3. pcorrado thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you for your help...they were not at all helpful on the phone so I jsut waited it out and got the labels about 24hrs after my original phone call. As we speak my MBP is in transit from China - oddly its 24 hours shipping (which from China I figured meant 2 or 3 days) and my estimated delivery on the FedEx tracker is October 14th! Oh well, there is nothing I can do but wait I suppose.

4. benlee macrumors 65816

benlee

How did you get them to replace it? What were the problems?