Apple Care Replacement

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thepandamancan, Jul 14, 2008.

1. thepandamancan macrumors member

thepandamancan

So I'm pretty happy with my iPhone and have no intention to upgrade to the iPhone 3G any time soon. Like most of us, my iPhone will be turning one in a couple months which also means the warranty will be up.

Should I still get the Apple Care for it, while I can, or should something happen to it (god forbid) just upgrade to the iPhone 3G? If I do the latter, does anyone know if Apple allows me to trade in the phone or something like that? I remember once my friend tried to get her iPod fixed but it was out of warranty and they offered her credit towards a new iPod.

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

That depends, are you willing to spend an extra $10/month for the 3G service? If that doesn't bother you, I would skip AppleCare and buy an iPhone 3G if anything happens to your current iPhone. After all, AppleCare is over 1/3 the cost of a new iPhone. Also keep in mind, that you could buy AppleCare, drop your phone the next day, and be forced to purchase a new phone anyway. ...Just a worst-case scenario to consider.

However, if you're not interested in a higher monthly payment (or don't want to be with AT&T in three years), then get AppleCare and enjoy your current iPhone.

3. TINCAN78 macrumors regular

I have my phone insured ..... question is with applecare or insurance would they still be able to get 16gb Version 1 iphones or would i have to geta 3g as i really would prefer V1 iphones......

4. thepandamancan thread starter macrumors member

thepandamancan

Actually I'd be paying $25 dollars more than the original basic service plan due to my 1500 texts a month. It's the main contributing factor why I'm not willing to go 3G just yet.