Apple Care - Service turnaround?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by zebi, Jun 19, 2011.

1. zebi macrumors member

Hi i've taken my 09 iMac (2.8 i7) in for a Genius to have a look at it - he confirmed that the Logic Board needs replaced. They basically told me to take the iMac with me until they could fit me in for repair. I had to lug it through 2 sets of elevators, 2 car parks, 2 sets of escalators and 2 sets of stairs to get it to the store. And then when I get there - told to take it home to have to bring it in again....

So basically its going to take a minimum of 10 days - more likely 14 days to turn around the repair. The mac is still usable but is there some sort of SLA where they have to fix it with a certain amount of time?

2. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Definitely call their customer service line for that one. No reason that they shouldn't have either kept the machine or gotten expedited shipping on the replacement part. You could take it to an Apple Certified Repair Shop too for warranty service. Might get better responses out of them because they actually profit from Apple paying them to fix your machine.

3. mike457 macrumors 6502

That's a surprisingly long time, unless they didn't have the part in stock. I had the logic board on my Macbook Pro replaced, and it only took the Apple Store in Toronto (Yorkdale) 24 hours. I do find the Apple Stores give very conservative time estimates. They had told me it would take three days, since the had the part in stock, and a week if they had to order it. Despite that, I had it next day, I didn't even do a sob story to get it back fast!