Apple care service warning on unlocking

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheotherJoseph, Oct 3, 2007.

1. TheotherJoseph macrumors member

I sent my 3rd iphone in for dead pixels again... but what's funny is every loaner iphone they send me the screen is flawless.. but any way onto the point

Apple sent a warning with the loaner package that reads

WARNING: Apple has discovered that some of the unauthorized unlocking programs available on the internet may cause irreparable damage to the iphone's software. As part of the service process, Apple will update the software on your iphone to the latest version. IF YOU HAVE MODIFIED YOUR IPHONE'S SOFTWARE, YOUR IPHONE MAY BECOME PERMANENTLY INOPERABLE WHEN APPLE UPDATES THE SOFTWARE. Making unauthorized modifications to the software on your iphone violates the iphone software licence agreement, and the inability to use your iphone due to unauthorized software modifications is not covered under your iphone's warrenty..

LMAO... I just wonder if anyone sent their unlocked iphone in for service and apple bricked it.. No one could be that stupid could they? LOL

2. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Judging by some of the posts on this very forum, I believe the answer is a resounding "yes".

3. tsvb macrumors 6502

Sounds like Apple covering any liability if they brick your phone. That is, if you have "hacked" your phone in anyway.

4. JimmyDreams macrumors 6502

I'll beat the maroons to the punch:

CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT!!!

There. I said it!!!
    :D

5. sananda macrumors 68020

i hate the maroons; they're so mauve.

6. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

I'm tickled pink!

:D
    P.S. Rebate! Rebate! I own the iPhone including the operating system. Apple is evul and greeedy.

7. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

Apple should stick to making fruit and leave the phones to the professionals!

Yeah thats the ticket!

8. ivnds macrumors 6502

ivnds

Id be better if itunes rejected to install 1.1.1 on "enhanced" iphones, and there you go, no bricking no new features.

9. one1 macrumors 65816

Apple cannot force new software onto you, you must accept it and it is not part of the terms and conditions of the original wty.