Apple Care start date

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Canedrive, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Canedrive macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I'm waiting on my custom MBP to arrive (due to get here on the 24th) but I notice my Apple Care has already started. I don't want to blow anything out of proportion, but if my machine fails 3 years from today I won't be able to make a claim.

Has anyone managed to amend the start date of AC to coincide with the arrival of their machine?

Cheers.

2. Canedrive thread starter macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

The email 'certificate' started on the 14th, but I'll sort it out when it gets delivered.

3. modit macrumors 6502

My order and ship date was March 1 and I got it delivered on March 3. The Apple site states my warranty ends on February 29 2012. An Apple Senior advisor did not want to change my warranty end date from March 1st and when I mentioned Apple Support forums, he said each case is different (it is based on the date ordered). :(

Should I just let this go or call back and what should I say? :(

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Honestly, I wouldn't quibble over a few days on a year's warranty or 3 years of AppleCare coverage. It's not a big deal.

5. modit macrumors 6502

That what I thinking...too much hassle as well :eek:

6. mrwonkers macrumors 6502

mrwonkers

Yes I have, I just called Apple and asked them to synch up my warranty start date with my MBP's delivery date. An email later it was all taken care of. You might just wanto give Apple a call.

7. Canedrive thread starter macrumors member

Cheers.

I'll do that when the machine gets here.