Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mobilehavoc

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2007
I would agree.

Given it's 3 weeks now and if we gave them a week for loading the phones boxing them up and shipping them to the stores its been 4 weeks.

I didn't expect them to do miracles in this time but would have thought we would have seen some sort of udpate even if it wasn't a comestic change to the OS but a backend fix. That is still why I think we won't see anything till the new iPod's kick out.

Just another guess on my part.

:apple:Malamutt

FYI, on a side note if you're experiencing Safari crashes or issues...one option is to go to Settings -> Safari and clear the cache. Doesn't seem to effect browsing a whole lot and seemed to speed up all the apps on my iPhone and haven't had any Safari crashes yet with over 4 tabs open!

macaddicted

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2002
Down on Copperline...
Fact. 3 weeks and no udpates.
:apple:Malamutt

You're kidding right? Palm finally came out with a fix to their 700 phones after nearly a year of constant complaints. Of course after they bricked a few phones from Sprint they were a bit more careful with the update to the update.

We all want to be able to add things to our devices, but let's be a bit realistic here. The iPhone is not Apple's only concern. I think that if Jobs had not committed himself to a June release we would still be waiting. And I keep getting this vague feeling, sort of like your iTunes 8 guess, that somehow Leopard will close some of the gaps.

This is a long term product, and just like OS X and iPod it is going to take some time to evolve.

ecks618

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2006
NYC
You're kidding right? Palm finally came out with a fix to their 700 phones after nearly a year of constant complaints. Of course after they bricked a few phones from Sprint they were a bit more careful with the update to the update.

We all want to be able to add things to our devices, but let's be a bit realistic here. The iPhone is not Apple's only concern. I think that if Jobs had not committed himself to a June release we would still be waiting. And I keep getting this vague feeling, sort of like your iTunes 8 guess, that somehow Leopard will close some of the gaps.

This is a long term product, and just like OS X and iPod it is going to take some time to evolve.

Yep, every person that I knew that owned a palm 700 had problems that arent even close to that of the iPhone, and at first I though it was bad business practice on palm's part, but its just how technology works.

I haven't complained once about iPhone updates because I knew that they weren't coming for a while. I am sure apple has people who have been working on an update weeks before the iPhones were released and if it takes time to make an update that works, i would much rather do that then have to constantly update my phone with miniscule updates.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.