Apple Care Users....

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Rocko1, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

If you have gotten a replacement phone, how long afterwards has it taken for the coverage to transfer over to your new phone?

I had one replaced early last week and plugging my serial in to this
    https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do

Shows my phone is not covered.

2. SFStateStudent, Dec 21, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2011

SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I'm going in for a replacement iPhone 4S tonight @6:45pm PST, so I'll post my results shortly thereafter...:(

Volume button + is not responding...

UPDATE: AppleCare+ not transferred to replacement iPhone 4S as of 11:35am PST, 12-22-2011, after replacement @Apple Store @7:00pm, 12-21-2011...

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Just got off the phone with AppleCare and they said the date has to update that you've received a replacement iPhone 4S and they have to manually transfer the AppleCare+ to the replacement iPhone 4S. It can take up to 24-48hrs to update, but they will send you an email and mail a hardcopy of the AppleCare+ Agreement for the replacement iPhone 4S...:cool: (YOU MUST CALL THEM at 1-800-APL-CARE)...:eek:

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Ok, so I just had my AC+ transferred TODAY, December 27, 2011, for a total of about (5) days. Several phone calls to AC+ and told by an Agreement Admin Advisor on December 23, 2011, that I was going to have to wait at least 24-72hrs to activate the transfer to my replacement iPhone 4S... :eek::(

5. Rocko1 thread starter macrumors 68020

Rocko1

Yeah, I had to call and have them transfer mine also. I guess there is no automated system for the 4S.

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

The first advisor told me that I no longer had AC+ on my replacement iPhone 4S and that I would have to purchase another AC+! I asked to speak with someone that had a CLUE!!! lol :p

7. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Received the Apple email regarding my recent incident #721XXXXX and I gave the advisor rave reviews, but in my additional comments, I slammed AC+ b/c they were unable to meet all the promises the first advisor made. Still haven't heard from Apple regarding negative feedback...:eek: