Apple Care, What else?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Cristian, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Cristian macrumors 6502

Cristian

Okay so I'm ordering apple care for my macbook off apple.com. Now my question is since I'm ordering apple care I have some extra money, What else should I order? i.e. cases,protection,mouses,etc?

Also maybe add some links to protectors,cases,mouses,etc. outside of the apple website if they have pretty good prices.

2. airfang macrumors regular

I bought an Incase Sleeve and a Mighty Mouse (wireless) along with the MBP.

But according to many others, the Mighty Mouse isn't as good as it sounds, has several annoying issues, scrollball gets dirty easily, sometimes down scroll doesn't work...

I bought it because I thought since I am gonna have my first Apple laptop, I should buy some peripehrals that go with it :) so I think it's up to you.

3. 66217 Guest

If you are in college or would travel a lot with the MB buy a sleeve. I would recommend a simple and cheap one. I use the sleeve only for protecting the MB from scratches. I put the MB inside the sleeve, and then the sleeve inside a bigger backpack:)

The Mighty Mouse is also great. I would recommend the wired one, the wireless one is just too expensive.

And as for Apple Care, it seems you have decided to buy it, but think it twice. I was in the same boat as you and ended not buying it. The chances are you would never use it.
    Save the money of the Apple Care in case your MB needs a repair (repairs normally won't be more than $250).

4. Cristian thread starter macrumors 6502

Cristian

Well the thing is my warranty is running out soon, and I want to be in the safe side because my trackpad is dying slowly.

any more suggestions.