apple care with ur imac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by ChiNNeSSeeBoy94, Jul 28, 2009.

1. ChiNNeSSeeBoy94 macrumors member

i just ordered an iMac on sunday (july 26th) and i was wondering if apple care would come pre-installed or would i get a seperate box for it.

2. zedsdead macrumors 68040

You should get a box, but the Mac is automatically enrolled if you purchased the AppleCare on the same order as the iMac.

3. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Apple Care isn't in a box... It is an extended warranty. If you are talking about iLife, it comes installed. You should have been able to purchase it when you ordered your computer. Or you should be able to buy it at the Apple Store.

4. NStocks macrumors 65816

AppleCare isn't software, it's a extended warranty ( so it's just legal info). You will get a separate box with a serial number, and it may or may not have automatically been set up (enrolled ). If it isn't you can do it online.

Sorry, this is all I know as I don't actually have it !

haha 2 people already beat me to it !

5. ChiNNeSSeeBoy94 thread starter macrumors member

6. aristobrat macrumors G4

AppleCare for Macs usually comes in a box with a CD containing a copy of TechTool Deluxe (to be used for hardware diagnosis). It's up to you if you ever install it, though.

If for whatever reason you don't get that CD, you can download a copy from Apple Support:
    https://support.apple.com/techtooldeluxe/main?id=dl