apple care worth it?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by brosmooth, Apr 8, 2009.

1. brosmooth macrumors member

brosmooth

Alright so i bought my brand new shiny macbook a few days b4 christmas and some of you may have seen my thread about my screen with a funny virus... any who, it made me think about apple care. Is it really worth it? who here all has it, and is it pretty much just good for anything that happens after one year.... thoughts please:)

2. JamesGorman macrumors 65816

JamesGorman

I would definitely say that it is worth it. Although i do not have apple care I purchased best buys service plan which does the same thing( I bought it cause I got 55% off of it) But any kind of extra warranty is very much worth it. If you spend upwards of $1200 dollars on a laptop what's another few hundred to ensure it stays working efficiently for some time after purchasing.

3. vilim12 macrumors regular

Yes its very worth it, it helped me out a month after I purchased it on my last laptop, I had the HD and SuperDrive repalced which both wouldve cost more to replace than my initial investment in Applecare. If you ever do decide to sell having Applecare is a huge plus in resale.