iPad Apple Care

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jercdevil, Nov 1, 2013.

1. jercdevil macrumors newbie

Jun 4, 2012
    Just ordered a 32g from T-Mobile. How do you add Apple Care if you wanted it? Also I'm a AT$T costumer I went with TMo for the international data they just added. Fingers crossed.
  2. MichaelAndaz macrumors newbie

Aug 23, 2012
    I think you need to take your iPad in to an Apple Retail Store so they can inspect it for damage before adding AppleCare+.
  3. KiwiAdventure macrumors 6502a

Dec 7, 2010
    New Zealand
    no you don't just order apple care at an apple on line store within the first year.
  4. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

Jun 27, 2010
    Plano, TX
    Either method works. I would suggest the phone at least for today. I'm sure the stores are crazy.
  5. webbuzz macrumors 65816

Jul 24, 2010
    Incorrect. At least for the United States.

Scroll to bottom of page.
  6. shadow puppet macrumors 6502

shadow puppet

Dec 2, 2012
    4th padded cell on the right
    What webbuzz quoted was what I suspected since that's how it went down with my IP5 purchased at Verizon. I had to physically take it to an Apple store and the guy assigned to me inspected the heck out of it. I knew there was no water damage, etc., so wasn't worried. Other than a trip to the store (dangerous place to go with a wallet), it was no biggie.
  7. tntdean macrumors newbie

Sep 14, 2012
    Is it necessary to buy applecare if you purchase an iPad using a credit card that extends manufacturer warranty for another year? Also you don't have to pay a deductible with credit card warranty.