iPad Apple Care+

Discussion in 'iPad' started by nviz22, May 7, 2014.

1. nviz22 macrumors 68040

nviz22

I have a week old iPad Mini Retina Display and I was wondering if I should invest in Apple Care? What are your experiences with Apple Care?

2. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

there are plenty of discussions on apple care but for most it offers peace of mind in case something goes wrong, as well as higher resale value if you decide to sell your iPad. Also, if you are clumsy with stuff it offers cheap replacements. I plan on buying applecare for my mac before the standard one year is up.

3. nviz22 thread starter macrumors 68040

nviz22

Can you add Apple Care+ at any time with iPad Mini's?

4. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

You have to add it within 30 days of the purchase date.

5. HenryDJP macrumors 603

You can purchase it within 30 days of your iPad purchase. You will also need to take it to an Apple store for inspection first. If they are any cracks or scratches they will decline your Applecare Plus purchase. It's best to take it there asap and purchase your Applecare Plus. If you don't live near an Apple store you have to call and get a remote diagnostic before qualifying to make the purchase.

6. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

In most cases you can do it over the phone as well.

7. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

I got apple care + for my iPad Air. I did it to cover my 600$ device. It is worth it if something does happen over 2 years.

8. Kangda macrumors member

I think this can be debated forever and ever. When you need it and don't have it, you will regret it. When you have it, but never end up needing it, you think "why did I spend that extra $ for no reason?" I have it. It is insurance, plain and simple. There for when you need it, but there is always the possibility of never having needed it.

9. MyiBill macrumors 6502

Was never a big supporter of AppleCare but after my rMBP just went dead I will definitely be buying it in the future.

10. L T macrumors 6502

L T

I got it on purchase, not so much for the accidental damage (although thats a nice safety net to have). More for the hardware side, if any off the buttons stops working or the battery goes bad in the second year then I can get it replaced.

11. HenryDJP macrumors 603

You may end up using the accidental damage part of the coverage before anything else. In the past I've dropped iPhones, iPod Touches and Nanos and the buttons just don't quit. The screens get messed up but not the buttons. It's possible that the hardware may become fault but with the iPad it's probably going to get damaged before the hardware buttons become faulty.

Of course, YMMV. That being said I definitely bought the accidental protection from Apple for both my iPhone and iPad. Used it already on the iPhone.

12. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Peace of mind. That is what it is all about. I have always purchased Applecare on every Apple product I have ever purchased. Have only ever had to use it on one product, an iMac I owned, but without it, I may as well have thrown the iMac in the garbage as the repairs would have cost me as much as buying a new iMac.

Is it worth the peace of mind? In my opinion, YES! Have I paid more in Applecare than I have used it, yes. Was it worth having the time I really needed it, yes.

The added bonus of accidental damage on your iPad alone is worth it. Accidents do happen no matter how careful we try to be.

13. HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

With a $900 device the replacement for $60 twice is worth it to my mind. Drop, sit on it, water, who knows what? Better value than AppleCare+ for iPhone which has higher deductible.

14. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

I don't have AppleCare for my iPad Air and I have AT&T insurance it will cover everything like stolen (AppleCare does not cover), damaged, etc. I am happy! :apple:

15. Traverse macrumors 603

Traverse

I would. I had my iPhone replaced 3 times. Different product yes, but i like the piece of mind.

16. big samm macrumors 65816

Same here peace of mind bought it for my iphone 4 never used it, bought it for my iPad 3 never used it, and now i have it on both my 5s and ipad mini retina, now will i use it only god knows... And like someone said above its way easier to resell a idevice with apple care + on it than not...

17. rmhop81 macrumors 68020

rmhop81

Yeah but deductible is $199 lol

18. Acorn macrumors 68020

Acorn

Apple keeps finding ways to make the devices have thinner bodies and thinner glass. Theres no way I would not have applecare+ after seeing drop tests for the new mini and air.

If you look at the history compared to a ipad air the ipad 1 is a tank.

19. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

Yeah better than paying premium price. :apple:

20. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

this is no longer true. applecare+ can be purchased over the phone.

21. rmhop81 macrumors 68020

rmhop81

If u didn't get it, ur over paying

But hey, it's all good

22. HenryDJP macrumors 603

Guess you missed this part of my post while you were busy correcting me. :rolleyes:

23. rmhop81 macrumors 68020

rmhop81

U made it sound like they will only take a call if u don't live close. Rush to the store ASAP!!!

24. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

then you're contradicting yourself. the line i quoted made it seem like a trip to the apple store was mandatory. the bolded line you're pointing to still leaves ambiguity. must i live too far from an apple store? you saying, "get a remote diagnostic before qualifying to make the purchase" doesn't clearly state that one can purchase applecare+ over the phone. :rolleyes:

25. HenryDJP macrumors 603

Nah. I didn't. You just read it wrong. And I never said "rush" to the Apple store. Don't throw words in my mouth.

----------

[/COLOR]
    Dude calm down. You don't know what contradict means because I didn't. I got that information from Apple's website. Its not my own words. :rolleyes: