Apple Care?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Cristian, Apr 17, 2007.

1. Cristian macrumors 6502

Cristian

Okay so I was going to order apple care yesterday of apple.com, but I didn't cause I am having second thoughts. So in your opinion should I buy apple care for my mac book.

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

3. alexprice macrumors 6502a

4. NtotheIzoo macrumors regular

I didnt buy it...i was a bloody day late...

and, at least once every week I worry about my lappy breaking down...i'm in college and i back everything up, but i would be screwed without it cause I cannot afford another right now...

Moral of the story...get it...even if your lappy doesn't break down, it'll save you a bunch of worrying...

5. Cristian thread starter macrumors 6502

Cristian

Yea I should get it I mean my trackpad is dying slowly and my warranty is almost up.

6. Film Divine macrumors newbie

Wow, this has got to be the first time tthis question has ben asked. EVER!

7. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

A portable machine YES
    A machine that has seen some hardware issue YES
    Long story short YES

8. lamina macrumors 68000

lamina

A quick search though the forums should show you that dozens before you have pondered the same question...

Personally, I think AppleCare is worth it because I have a really good relationship with my local service center. I talked my parents into getting it for their iMac and I bought it for my PowerBook. For me, it's worth it just for the peace of mind I have, knowing that if anything goes wrong with my hardware, I'm covered.

9. rediffusion macrumors regular

rediffusion

i bought a macbook pro about 6 months ago but didn't get the apple care warranty. Is it too late to get it?

R ;)

10. powerbuddy macrumors 6502

you have one year since the date of purchase to extend your warranty( apple care(=)

11. Italchef macrumors 6502

I'd buy it for any Mac. My iMac had a dvd burning issue and they replaced the drive without question. As a result, it extended the life of my machine to the present. In that one instance it paid for itself. Add to that a few issues that were handled by support and its well worth it.

Mick

12. branharrison6 macrumors member

Apple Care?

Is it really worth the $$? As reliable as macs are? Have most of you went ahead and purchased the warranty?

13. Kaiser Phoenix macrumors 6502

Just get it.

I got one for my MBP. The price is quite steep yes but if youre making that huge investment already, it makes sense to protect it.

14. orangemacapple macrumors 6502

consideration:

pay $1000 for a macbook. it comes with 1 year of applecare.
    don't buy applecare until ALMOST the end of the year. because heaven forbid it might get stolen or a truck might run over it, making the 350 void and wasted.

at the end of the first year, consider that you have a one-year-old used macbook and how much it is worth. would you consider upgrading to a snazzier machine?

if you want to keep the one-year-old used macbook that retailed for 1000, then by all means go ahead and spend another 350 on 2 years of applecare. or you may want to e-bay the macbook to get something like 700-800 out of it and put the 350 you would've spent on applecare to get a spiffy new one. put 50-150 in your pocket -- and have a new machine with another full one-year warranty.

15. jesteraver macrumors 6502

its worth it until u find out it runs out a month before leopard going to be released. ARGH oh well guess I'll have to use my iMac the whole month of September without a warranty waiting for leopard to be released on Mac Pro :mad:

16. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Laptop repairs are expensive, so yes, it's very worth it. My AppleCare paid for itself a couple times over with one single repair that was outside of the original 1 year warranty.

17. Lord Flashheart macrumors regular

Lord Flashheart

Yes it is worth it. If you have to have your laptop repaired just once, it will probably cost more than Apple Care due to the high cost of laptop repairs. Its worth it just for the piece of mind.

18. urista macrumors newbie

urista

hi, when i first got my macbook the superdrive decided that it wasn't going to work so i had to get it fixed right after i got it. i did not enjoy that and i decided that apple care would be a beneficial purchase.

19. c.joe.go macrumors regular

c.joe.go

get the apple care. the price might seem a little steep, but it is nothing to the cost to have an apple repaired after that first year.

if $ is an issue, set ical to warn you a month or so before the year is up, and pick it up then.