Apple Care?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by RHeidenreich572, Nov 28, 2007.

1. RHeidenreich572 macrumors newbie

I was wondering if you get apple care, 2 years down the line if you have problems (with a laptop persay) will they give you a new laptop,fix your laptop, or give you a refurbished laptop from the same generation with the same specs. If apple releases a new laptop and realizes that after a few weeks the heat from the processor starts to break down the laptop. I would assume they would have a recall, but will they give you a new redesign or just retrofit it with heatsinks like the xbox 360?

2. Iso79 macrumors member

Not worth. Applecare doesn't cover wear and tear. You're only paying for tech support.

3. MacBooksRock macrumors regular

I've got AppleCare on my iPod, it's broken twice, and they just sent me a brand new one back both times. I'm not sure about the computers, my MacBook hasn't broken yet! :]

4. eman macrumors 6502a

If you plan on having your macbook over a year than Applecare may be a good idea. Buy the Applecare on ebay for about $150 and save yourself some cash. Applecare will repair anything that wears out on your macbook (not including Liquid or impact damage). Apple will most likely repair your macbook, after all they are paying next to nothing for the parts being made in some third world country.

Apple has a good thing going by charging $250 for Applecare protection plan and scaring all macbook owners with ridiculous high repair cost. Case in point: Apple charges $800 for a Macbook logic board and you know they are probably paying maybe $50 for the board.