Apple case return policy

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by chumps52, Nov 16, 2013.

1. chumps52 macrumors regular

My dad bought me an iPhone 5S Case (brown) whilst on a business trip in San Franciso.

He brought it back to me in London, and I've had it on for just over 2 weeks (2 weeks on the 13th).
    It now looks terrible. It's gone from a nice, light brown, to a dark, black-tainted pile of s***.... I can't put into words how disappointed I am.
    Black scuff marks round the edges, and the case itself has generally become a few shades darker.
    I am the most paranoid user... I don't use it with really dirty hands, nor put it in tight pockets (it's always either in a loose jacket pocket or on my desk); so I know it's not a fault of mine.

I was just wondering whether it would be possible to return it at a store in the UK?

2. Robster3 macrumors 68000

1. they don't scuff from sitting on a desk.
    2. leather will darken
    3. Should of got black
    4. Going from the big thread on here already they will swap it
    5. not sure about refund though
    6. ask them

3. chumps52 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the info... It's literally gone in and out of my pockets, and on a desk. I'm not the sort of person who'll sit on my phone for hours at a time with sweaty hands either: this is down to a seriously bad design....
    I'm just annoyed I didn't read the reviews online first....

4. Robster3 macrumors 68000

Swap it for the black. No problems with it. Mine goes in pockets/car holder/docks, still looks new. Got one for my 15 year old son too and its the same.
    Its the only case he would use and the best i have had, i have had some too.

5. chumps52 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah will do, thanks. Just originally wanted something different (I have a black iPhone 5), but I guess it's back to black cases for me ;) Unless I get lucky and they allow me a refund...