Apple catching on with exploits?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Goldinboy17, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

Anyone think Apple's catching on with the DEV team and others? It seems to be taking longer and longer for jailbreaks to be released. Does anyone actually think the day may come when they'll be incredibly difficult to jailbreak and have the 20 step solutions ad they once did? My phones jailbroken and on 4.1. It no longer vibrates when I mute it or at all which is a function I often need when I can't have the volume on in class and such. It's been bugging me quiet a bit since I can't go exchange it without getting iOS 4.2.1. I need MyWi a lot in particular. Grrr

2. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

There are officially no more exploits for iOS :(

You'll just have to go stock from here on out.

3. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Stop misleading people. Of course there are exploits

4. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

Apple is definitely making it harder. 4.3 has ASLR implemented, which basically randomly relocates key data. This means you could find an exploit once, but it wouldn't work again.

Definitely interesting, but I believe there will be exploits found for long to come.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Apple is making it harder but there is exploits saved for future firmware updates and will always be a hardware exploit that will enable tethered Jailbreaks on i4 and 3GS phones.
    Not sure about future devices but nothing is unhackable or bulletproof when it comes to software.

6. Goldinboy17 thread starter macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

So here comes my dilemma. Do I replace it now and hope for a 4.2.1 untethered jailbreak around the 10th; which would leave me without the external Apps I need or wait until after the 10th? I would assume by then the replacements would have 4.3. If I do that then I might get stuck with a phone on 4.3 that would take even longer to jailbreak. :(
    If worst comes to shove I could always get my sister to exchange my replacement iPhone with her jailbroken phone. It's running off of the original 4.0 but at least it'd work well enough. Decisions, decisions :(

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You sure its not a software bug that could be fixed with a restore and setup as new.
    Sounds really minor, it vibrates normal at other times but doesnt do that one time vibrate when you switch the mute button?

8. Goldinboy17 thread starter macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

It doesn't vibrate at all, web turning it on or off in the settings. Not sure if it's possible to restore it without updating it?

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Oh, so the whole vibrate feature doesnt work at all.
    If you have shsh's saved on cydias server for 4.1 you could restore to that. Open up cydia and look at the top of the page. You can only restore to what you have listed up there.