Apple CEO Tim Cook Meets iPhone Photographer in Amsterdam [Updated]

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jun 18, 2018.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple CEO Tim Cook has been spending the weekend in Amsterdam, where he met historian Koen Kleijn and iPhone photographer Annet de Graaf.

The Apple chief tweeted on Sunday about his appreciation for the city's "rich history and creative energy" during the meeting, which took place an open-top boat as it cruised along the capital's famous canals.

[​IMG]

Kleijn has written or co-written several books on the history of Amsterdam and architecture in the Netherlands, while de Graaf has made a name for herself by capturing scenes of Amsterdam street life using her smartphone's camera. As de Graaf puts it on her website:
    While we don't know what else is on Cook's agenda for the rest of the trip, a visit to the local Apple retail store is likely to be on the cards. We'll update this article when we know more.

Update: Cook tweeted again on Monday, sharing details about his travels to The Netherlands where he met with developers from Lucky Kat Studios.

Article Link: Apple CEO Tim Cook Meets iPhone Photographer in Amsterdam [Updated]

2. era86 macrumors newbie

Timmy is really desperate for product ideas if he has to conceal his weed-restock trips to Amsterdam with some alibi.

3. WillyVelsen macrumors newbie

Would be great if at least one dutch person said;

Hey Tim, you are a man who knows stuff..

Where are the TV Shows at the dutch itunes store? Or hell, where is the TV app for us? Maybe we could read it being announced anytime soon on the Apple News app, oh wait, we dont have that either.. maybe we can call Apple about that on our non cellular apple watch..

Ah well i guess we will hear about from our homepods.. oh wait.. damn tim.

4. tardegrade macrumors regular

tardegrade

Not sure that I'd want to have a meeting on a canal cruise, too much traffic going back and forth, but of course it makes for a good photo opportunity.

But then again who am I to argue. Any excuse to take a tour of the dam is a good one. Wonderful city.

5. Mac Fly (film), Jun 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2018

Mac Fly (film) macrumors 65816

Mac Fly (film)

Go on MR users, spin this story negatively. Dare you. Or, you know, if you are not that interested in what Tim or Apple does, you can always close your browser and look away from your phone for a while. There’s always the world around, if this website and its content constantly pisses you off.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 18, 2018 ---
    Weed is legal in most US States now, but had chuckle before I remembered.

6. MLVC macrumors 6502a

MLVC

You forgot Apple Pay

7. 341328 Suspended

I sure hope Tim pays for lunch. Haha.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 18, 2018 ---
    Needed the make it a “business trip” for tax deduction. Haha

8. WillyVelsen macrumors newbie

Yep forgot about that,

Come to think of it Apple is making us pay these numbers for features they brag about that we dont get.. while the iphones, apple tv’s, watches and so on cost the same to us... they need to be making much more of an effort for the customers...

9. juiz206 macrumors member

who brings a damn iPad Pro 12.9'' to the river?

10. justperry macrumors G3

justperry

That's most likely due to the banks in The Netherlands.

It's not a river.;)

11. juiz206 macrumors member

I never see Tim Cook in poor countries...that says a lot about Apple nowadays :D

There a lot of great developers, photographers in Africa, Latin America too Tim!

12. kissmo macrumors 6502a

Yeah. Let’s see what he will post later in the evening after he hits some “green” coffee places :-
    Aaammmsterdam is coooool duuude.
    Eating many cakes.... apple cakes rule....
    I saw Jesus...

13. xDKP macrumors 65816

xDKP

Well you're not alone - we have the exact same issue in Denmark - Well except the cellular watch being released weeks ago

14. silvetti macrumors 6502a

silvetti

Being a Portuguese guy living in Poland, I feel your pain. We are still missing features announced in 2015.

15. laz232 macrumors 6502

Because I see soo many quips regarding cannabis, I'd like to put some things into perpsective:
    1. most Dutch people >20 don't smoke cannabis on a regular basis.
    2. Dutch people on the whole are actually rather conservative - they are tolerant but generally look down upon those that smoke weed on a daily basis and regard it as a moral failing (Calvanist moralistic mindset)

Although it's nice for tourism, whenever I stay there I find it rather disheartening that so many kids in the youth hostels consider that smoking dope is the raison numero uno to go to the Capital of the Netherlands...
    3. The legal situation is as follows (i.e. it's been decriminalized - not legalized)

"smoking of cannabis, is not prosecuted as well as selling it although technically illegal under still valid Opium Act (dating from 1919, cannabis added as drug in 1950), is widely tolerated provided that it happens in a limited, controlled way (in a coffee shop, small portions, 5 grams maximum transaction, not many portions on stock, sale only to adults, no minors on the premises, no advertisement of drugs, the local municipality did not give the order to close the coffee shop). The sale of most of hallucinogenic mushrooms (also known as magic mushrooms or paddos), has been forbidden starting November 1, 2008.

16. Blackstick macrumors 6502a

Blackstick

Tim lives in California, he can legally buy it in plain daylight at any dispensary, some of them even look like Apple Stores.

17. Lesser Evets macrumors 68040

Lesser Evets

These photos... Tim looks like a laughing maniac or a prissy prude in most photos.

Is that his true personality or are you guys choosing the crazy Pics?

18. BrentD macrumors 6502

Not sure where you get your misinformed news in Ireland, but I had a chuckle at that, too...

19. Trhodezy macrumors 6502

You have got to be kidding... I drove back to the UK from 'Dam on Saturday!! TIM YOU ****. ;)

20. mtnDewFTW macrumors 6502a

Lol yeah, because California is fresh out of weed and ideas.

21. trusso macrumors 6502

I'd love to see Tim or any other Fortune 500 executive doing some photo ops with the poorest of the poor in Africa, South America, North America, China, et cetera.
    • Orphaned? Don't worry, there's an app for that!
    • Civil war ravaged your country? Invest in the bond market!
    • Dying of hunger and thirst? At least you can access Facebook for free!
    God, these men (and women!) are so full of s***. :confused:

You have to pity these billionaires, though, because they actually think they are saving the world! :D:p

22. miniroll32 macrumors 65816

miniroll32

23. DeepIn2U macrumors 603

DeepIn2U

Psst. How dare you dare someone else to use common sense and sensibilities that existed in 1980's Marty McFly? This is a world where we have apps to manage our usage on smartphones due to addiction, where we have apps to teach children manners, aka "please" because parents have pathetically dropped the ball miserably! ;) how could you even attempt that? hehehe

Cheers well said.

24. kwikdeth macrumors 65816

Why do we need to spin anything when he can do that himself? Its just another +1 day on the "time since last updated" chart. There will be lots more, I assure you.

25. MLVC macrumors 6502a

MLVC

Because him visiting a country will delay it with the time he’s visiting? This place is just so toxic.