Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikelegacy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
I want to become an Apple Certified tech. I know that the Apple store does in-store training for their Genius Bar, but it's so hard to get a job at any apple store due to the amount of applicants. I was kinda hoping to get Apple Certified elsewhere. Does anyone know any places that do it? Preferable around Pittsburgh, PA.

Thanks!

mikelegacy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Thanks a ton! I hope not to go to a college and wish to do more of a training seminar or something of the sort. Sort of like the Apple Store sends their genius' out to Cali for 2 weeks of training to become Apple Certified. That would be perfect!

63dot

macrumors 603
Jun 12, 2006
norcal
Apple sounds like they really have expanded their certifications. Back when I was an Apple warranty tech, Apple was a part of the CompTIA certifications which are for the high tech industry in general. Apple was a member just like Microsoft, HP, and Cisco and thousands of others.

When Apple split from the industry with its certifications, I thought they became irrelevant, but the link shows why they dissed the industry of technicians in general.

I like what I see and while it's not recognized by anybody outside of Apple, the high tech certifications by the rest of the industry is not recognized by Apple. I didn't think Apple could exist in the certification world as an island, but they have done very well. They don't have CompTIA or IEEE or any of the six regional college accreditation agencies micromanaging them. :)

roarkltd

macrumors newbie
Jan 13, 2011
Online or Prometric Centers

Apple offers one certification online: Mac Integration Basics 10.6

The other certifications can be taken at Prometric locations or at Apple Authorized Testing Centers.

These include:

Apple Certified Support Professional
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator
Apple Certified System Administrator

Normally, you can purchase books which cover the exam objectives. Recently, I've also found a video training series which covers the entry-level cert:

Apple Certification Videos

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.