Apple Certified Macbook Pro Retina

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by evorc, Mar 4, 2015.

1. evorc macrumors 6502a

evorc

I'm considering purchasing an Apple certified macbook pro retina. Has any one purchased from Apple before? If so, is the casing, lcd, and battery new? I'm just trying to get an idea how their refurbished process is. Thanks!

2. fuchsdh macrumors 6502a

I just picked up a 2014 refurb. Aside from coming in plainer exterior packaging, the machines all look brand new.

3. Roadking714 macrumors regular

Bought one the other day besides not having the original box it's flawless the thing looks brand spanking new

4. stempsons macrumors regular

my 13" rMBP is a refurb from apple, and it has performed perfectly for over a year...no reason not to buy a refurb from apple if they have the specs you're looking for...

5. yjchua95 macrumors 604

I bought five refurb late-2012 27" iMacs from Apple before as test devices for my workplace, and they're still going strong to this day.

6. MacMandy macrumors 6502

MacMandy

I just bought a 2014 base Mbp 15" and it's just like new apart from the plain box. It saved me a lot of money and you still get the 12 month warranty and 14 day return policy. Nothing to lose :cool:

7. evorc thread starter macrumors 6502a

evorc

Thank you for your input. I am more convince to buy refurb from Apple now. You can't really beat the price + 1 year warranty!

8. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

There is a page on Apple website if you search that tells you exactly what they change and what tests it passes before being issued as Apple Refurb.

9. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

I've bought two from them, a 2011 MBP 15" and a 13" Retina. They are so close to new I'll likely not buy a new one. Just save the money and get a refurb once they area available.