Apple Certified Refurbished iPhone 6?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by inaka, Jul 13, 2015.

1. inaka macrumors 6502

Any ideas where to purchase an Apple Certified refurbished iPhone 6 right now?

I want an unlocked one for t-mobile, (and heard Verizon locked actually = "unlocked") but need to purchase one for a gift in the next week.

Any ideas where to get one that is specifically Apple Certified?

2. TheKevinFang macrumors member

Either buy a new one or a refurbished iPhone 6 on Amazon etc.

It isn't AS necessary for Apple to refurbish a walled garden iPhone 6 as compared to a Macbook which is more susceptible to viruses, in which Apple refurbishes them.

So the answer is no chance.

3. firedept, Jul 13, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2015

firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Why not consider the Marketplace here on MacRumors. I have purchase several items from members including iPhones and have found some great deals. Also bought with confidence of getting what was stated in the ad or better. Members are pretty decent and easy to deal with. Just a suggest beyond my next suggestion of just purchasing new.

4. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Not sure where you perceived the idea that Macbook's are susceptible to viruses. There are no known viruses that exist in the wild for Mac's. Apple refurbishes their Macbook's and other product's for hardware issues and cosmetics.

5. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Verizon iPhones are required to be unlocked by law so they will work with any carrier except Sprint

6. inaka thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for this suggestion!

7. AreanFSL macrumors 6502

Good thought! I haven't seen the Macrumors marketplace since the early 2006-2008 days where they were open to everyone. I believe you need 250 post in order to view that forum.

8. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

You are correct in the post count being needed at 250. I check in on it just about every day. Even if I do not need anything. If there is a good deal, there is no reason not to miss out on it. The other members have been really fantastic to deal with and even if you do not find what you are looking for you can always post what you are looking for and you will generally get a few responses.

Some pretty knowledgeable people in there as well.

9. Indian Devil macrumors regular

Old 5s too?

Also once the phone is paid for in full, will be be unlocked by the carrier suo moto or the subscriber have to request to get it done?

10. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Yeah the 5S too.

You will need to request an unlock once contract and everything are done. Except Verizon as those are unlocked already whether on contract or not.

Just avoid sprint phones unless your carrier is sprint. Bc an unlocked sprint phone is still locked in the U.S.

11. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Refurbished generally means new battery, screen, casing, et cetera. You can 'refurbish' the software on any device at home, as it'd just be a restore.

Also, there are no known viruses for OS X. They restore the software to remove past users' data.

To the OP: I'm unaware of any places you can buy Apple refurbished iPhones. I'm pretty sure there used for replacements only. There may be carrier refurbished handsets, but I don't think they'd be Apple certified.

12. Indian Devil macrumors regular

I think Verizon model supports GSM too, so it should work in India, right?

Band in India
    2g/gsm 1800
    3g/wcdma 2100

13. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

correct