Apple Certified Support Professional 10.5 (is it for me?)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Jigsawjammer, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Jigsawjammer macrumors regular

Hi- I was wondering if anyone has this certification. I was thinking of studying for it and taking the test but unsure if it is worthwhile for me to try. So here is my story.

I'm a science teacher and in charge of technology at my school (troubleshooting, setting up...). There are positions in schools for a technology supervisor that can maintain computer labs and what not. I was wondering if a certification like this would help me diversifiy my skills and make me a more attractive canidate for positions. I was sent to the Apple store on 14th st in Manhattan for a meeting of Apple technology in education that was really done on the corporate half of the building. One of the guys was a former teacher who somehow became an Apple employee and job was to setup schools for their needs. I figure if I have a Apple certification or two and a job is offered in education, think it would really help?

Thanks

(also- can these certification help with getting entry level IT jobs?)

2. auhlixer macrumors regular

Goto fmctraining.com they have training in Manhattan I am doing a internship (2nd day) in Philadelphia and if you take the course it is $1,645 for 3 days of training 10-6 and price includes the book.

I registered for the class but it got pushed back so i took their offer for internship so i am curious to how much there is to passing it also.