Apple charged me a penny?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by definitive, Jul 5, 2010.

1. definitive macrumors 68000

definitive

Went to check my credit card statement online, and it shows two charges from Apple. One was for the iPhone 4 (which matches the final price from when I was at the checkout), and the second one is a charge for a penny. Anyone else get this? What is it?

2. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

i got 2 penney charges, too (ordered 2 phones) however the other two charges on my card were for a penney less than what is in my order confirmation.... i assume it it a secondary check to see of the card is good? same thing happened last year when i ordered our 3GSs. last year resulted in my credit card company calling to check on the charges....

3. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

They are just checking out your account. Happens all the time, only people now check their accounts everyday and are noticing it for the first time.

4. jacollins macrumors 6502a

They do that to check the validity of the card. You'd think there'd be some sort of other check they could do but...

5. insidmal macrumors 6502

insidmal

yea they'll do a pending charge, it will be reversed within a week..
    gas stations you to do this but for $75 or $100, that was always a fun surprise

6. theone09 macrumors regular

radioshark charged me $1 for credit check. however, they subtract $1 when they charged me on the phone