Apple chargers

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by LaLLLy, Sep 10, 2010.

1. LaLLLy macrumors member

Does anyone know a place I can get a MacBook Pro 13 inch charger for a decent price besides apple?

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

AFAIK there isn't one. I'm pretty sure only apple makes them, so if you want one cheaper, you'll have to check out eBay or something like that. But I doubt you would want a used one. Just make sure you get the 60W version (85W would work just as well, but is more expensive)

Nevermind, there are others. Just google it and you'll find them

3. aeboi macrumors 65816

aeboi

generic ones work just as well, unless you don't trust them of course

4. LaLLLy thread starter macrumors member

That's kind of what I was wondering... What's the risk with generic ones?

5. RWil85 macrumors 6502

nothing really, other than probably being not as reliable in the long run..make sure you have the right wattage also..i would have to think that would be something to check when picking up some generic charger.

6. brucem91 macrumors 6502

nope, same price.

http://store.apple.com/us/search?find=charger&mco=Nzc1MjMwNg

Back in the day the 13" would use the 65, and the 15/17" would use the 85, but it doesn't really matter anymore. My grandmothers 15" came with the 65 charger. Anyway, outside of spending $80 for apple official ones, I would check amazon. I honestly wouldn't trust non-official ones, but that is me. I think I remember reading bad stuff about some 3rd party charger, not sure though.

7. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

I got a genuine apple charger for my 13" MBP from this website. I love it. I got the refurbished 60w one. However, it is obviously not new. It has marks from wear.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I got it for $30.

Edit edit: The sale for the charger for $30 is over. It is now $35. Unless you want to send your old charger in for an exchange with this company, you can not get it for $30. I would recommend keeping your old charger and paying the $5 extra.

8. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

If you find that you are stuck with a 60W and the 85W and they are the same price, get the 85W one because it will auto-adjust to 60W or 45W (MacBook Air) when connected to a machine that uses the lower wattage. The 60W adapter will not adjust upward.