Apple Charging Card Question (AMEX)

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Brett1203, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Brett1203 macrumors 6502a

Brett1203

So I ordered at 3:01am Eastern on April 10th, and of course Apple did the hold on my AMEX for about a week then it dropped off.

Monday afternoon I get a AMEX notification that the card was charged and my order on Apples site then went into Preparing For Shipment.

My questions is this, when I look at the charge from Monday on my AMEX it shows as pending, not a transaction yet. Why would Apple redo it as a pending? I was all excited since my date was 4/24-5/8 and then as I see so many getting info showing on UPS and I show nothing on UPS, now this makes me wonder if mine for some reason is not shipping for a 4/24 delivery.

I would think the AMEX card would be actually charged as a transaction?

2. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Because pendings expire after a few days if the charge isn't submitted. So Apple has to reauthorize for the actual charge.

3. ics55 macrumors regular

Funny. I just posted something about this. I see exactly the same thing with amex. I assumed it was a real charge this time, but when I checked, I see it is also pending. Here is the real mystery: I ordered a charging cable that was actually shipped - arriving tomorrow and it is also pending. who Knows?

4. Brett1203 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Brett1203

Maybe this is why I do not show anything on UPS yet.