Apple Chat Fail...need advice on iPhone upgrade

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BrownManUPS, Jun 18, 2009.

1. BrownManUPS macrumors 6502a

BrownManUPS

Hi, my name is Abdul H. Welcome to Apple!
    You: Hi.
    Abdul H: Good evening.
    Abdul H: Would you like some assistance with your shopping?
    You: I have a question regarding the iPhone 3GS
    Abdul H: I'm happy to assist with that.
    You: I have four lines with AT&T, one of these is eligible for an upgrade....but that isn't the line I want on the iPhone 3GS. Is there any way upon receiving the iPhone 3GS with the line that is eligible to take the sim card out and just...not use it?
    Abdul H: One moment while I research that for you.

---- 2 minutes pass ----

Abdul H: I recommend contacting AT&T about this option.
    You: Do you know the online chat support link or their number to call for sales questions?
    Abdul H: One moment..

---- 3 minutes pass ----

Abdul H: Click here to contact AT&T.
    You: You just gave me their homepage.
    Abdul H: Yes, you're welcome to use their Chat service to inquire about your request.
    You: If I knew where to find it, I would.
    You: Thanks anyway.

================

Can anyone help answer the question in bold?

2. AiralynRose macrumors 6502a

yes you can use the upgrade from another line. if they make you activate it on the line you have the upgrade on when you are there, then just switch sims when you get home and make sure the data plan is on the right line.

I also had an impossible time finding the AT&T chat today. I had to do a bunch of googling. grr.

3. kyleaa macrumors regular

I asked at the AT&T store and they said it is not a problem. They said to make sure the phone gets activated on the line you want it on though, because otherwise it will be a pain to get the iPhone data plan removed and readded to the different line

4. BrownManUPS thread starter macrumors 6502a

BrownManUPS

I was just going to order it from the online Apple store and wait, using the phone that is eligible, then take my sim card out of my iPhone and put it in that one, and throw the other sim away...I assume this should be okay but wanted to make sure.