Apple Cinema 27" - custom setting resets/Windows Vista Brightness Issue

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Freis968, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Freis968 macrumors 6502a

Freis968

I have my Cinema set the way I want it and sometimes when I restart or just turn my Mac on for the day, the settings go back to default and are too dark. I don't see anyway to "lock" the profile...why would it be resetting itself?

Also, the brightness is maxed out on the bootcamp side of my Mac and it is WAY too dark still. The ACD has no button on the outside to adjust brightness so how in the heck do I get the screen brighter on the bootcamp side?

2. sswitze1 macrumors newbie

Brightness

You need to update your bootcamp with the add on driver update for the 27 ACD display. If you already did this, I suggest you completely remove and reinstall the bootcamp drivers. You will know if you have the updated driver if the automatic light adjust box is available on the brightness control screen. If there is only a brightness bar and no box to click, it has not been updated to the ACD display. I am not sure why the mac side changes. Perhaps that driver also needs to be updated. Look on the apple site for the 27 ACD driver option. Also, make absolute sure you have the USB cable plugged in. The brightness is controlled through it.