Apple Cinema Diplays: How long until multi-touch?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by fangiotophia, Jun 27, 2007.

1. fangiotophia macrumors newbie

fangiotophia

I was just thinking today, it would be absurd for Apple not to move forward with the multi-touch technology and put it into existing products. Leopard can obviously support it and with some of the new features (cover flow and whatnot) it seems like they are already becoming prepared. Not to mention how useful it could be to photographers who would like to view their photos and "throw" them around the screen.

True, it might not be useful to all, but I bet it could help out in many situations. What I really want to see is a multi-touch capable display that also is very accurate (i.e. a wacom-display). I want to be able to draw on my screen with a special pen or use my hands/fingers to manipulate objects on-screen. I anticipate this offering being a good ways down the road, but I like to dream ;)

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

What you want is a multitouch tablet. Touch screen displays have been around for decades. They are useful for specialized tasks of short duration such as information kiosks. They have not caught on for general purpose computing and never will. It is painful to even think about running an Excel spreadsheet or editing a photograph in Photoshop on a touch screen display.

3. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

but if it is in addition, you will be able to use current input methods plus multi-touch. I doubt that we will see it anytime soon since it has to be very expensive for large displays right now.