apple cinema display 23''

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by bartsphoto, Nov 26, 2010.

1. bartsphoto macrumors member

I have a 2007 apple cinema display 23'' and my power in the house went off 2 times like really fast and now the display is not going on.
    On the bottom side where u have the little light it just flashes 2/3 times really fast and it stops for like 5sec then it flashes again.
    I took it to the apple store and it work for them they said I need a new power brick so I got a new power brick and it still not working for me.
    I know its not the Mac Pro because im using an Old Screen and it works fine I also hook up the Cinema Display on a other computer and the same thing is happening the 2/3 flashing lights.
    I took a video of it and im playing on going back to the apple store to show them. In the mean time does anyone know whats going on?
    Thanks

2. JesterJJZ macrumors 68020

JesterJJZ

Can't really help you, but I can suggest investing in a good UPS for your system, or at least a decent surge protector.

Or if you do have any of those, they usually come with warranties that might help you get it fixed or replaced.

3. bartsphoto thread starter macrumors member

I do have a surge protector but I guess it did not do a good job and ya I have apple care so they should be able to fix it or replace the screen

4. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

5. goMac macrumors 603

Where have you been? Of course they did. :p

I have two of them on my desk at home. They made the 20", the 23", and the 30".

Now we're down to just a 27"....

6. johnnymg macrumors 65816

johnnymg

The most recent model just prior to the 27" was a 24".

JohnG

7. goMac macrumors 603

Right, I meant now we're down to the 27".

The 20"/23"/30" trifecta was around for years. 2003-2009 iirc.