Apple Cinema Display 24" still worth it?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by lapino, Jan 24, 2010.

1. lapino macrumors regular

Situation: I have a Macbook Pro (late 2008) and need an external screen. I have been looking at offerings from NEC, HP, Dell and Apple. I had decided on a NEC EA231EA but suddenly I got the option to get a 2nd hand Apple Cinema LED 24" display for about the same money (well, a little more, about 600 euro).

So I wonder if the ACD is definitely still worth the extra money. I know about the differences (glossy, stand etc) but the fact that the ACD is specifically made for the Macbook Pro is definitely interesting and I do like the design.

2. notblackmac macrumors regular

notblackmac

Yeah I'd say that the display is deffinentaly worth it , If you have the money for it then go for it. I use dual monitors and it makes things a lot easier, 1 screen I can watch a movie and the other I can go on facebook or just mess around on the internet.

3. lars666 macrumors 6502a

Expensive, but the power supply / USB thing is very nice ...

4. chaosbunny macrumors 68000

chaosbunny

Get the NEC. Definitely longer warranty than a used ACD and it won't double as a mirror whenever something dark appears on the screen.

5. pukifloyd macrumors 6502a

pukifloyd

Go for the ACD...look at the refurb section...there are some good deals...check them out regularly...you might save $100-$200

6. dankybear macrumors regular

if you have the money, its a very nice purchase