Apple Cinema Display 30" or Eizo HD2442W??

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by NonBorn, May 2, 2009.

1. NonBorn macrumors newbie

I have found the 2 screens at the same price (about 1200 euro)... What do you think about them? Apple delivers greater resolution and much more space to work but eizo features a newer panel with better (?) image quality. I want the screen for working on computer, so the 2560x1600 resolution could help a lot. I cannot choose so I want your opinion.

I dont care about HDCP because I have a FULL HD TV for Home Cinema and a PS3. Is the eizo monitor that better that I have to pass 30" for quality?? Moreover Eizo gives 5 years warrantly. The monitor I use now is a 19" Sony with PVA panel.

What do you think? Go for apple or stick with eizo brand?

2. apersianboyCOM macrumors 6502

I would get the ACD because of the screen real estate and because it looks much nicer than the Eizo.

3. zer0tails macrumors 65816

zer0tails

what kind of work will you be doing? Just general computer work or color sensitive photo work?

4. NonBorn thread starter macrumors newbie

General computer work is much closer to what I do... I use the screen for reading, publishing in my blog, but not something that is related with photo editing or printing...

Probably I'll get the new GTX285 when it becomes available for Mac in June so you can count that I could use it for gaming as well.

5. aaquib macrumors 65816

aaquib

I'd say the ACD because:

- It's 6" bigger.
    - Much higher resolution means even more productivity. 2560X1600 vs 1920X1200
    - Nicer design. Will look better with any Mac.
    - FireWire hub.
    - For what you do, the Eizo's better color reproduction will be of no use.