Apple Cinema Display... Advice

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ipodtouchy333, Mar 20, 2008.

1. ipodtouchy333 macrumors 65816

Hello, I'm looking to buy my first mac. I love the look of the cinema displays and am thinking of getting a mac mini (when they're updated) with a 20" or 23" cinema display. I have heard both good and bad things about them. Anyone else have any suggestions/advice. Thanks...everything is appreciated!

2. ljones macrumors regular

I have to admit the quality on the 23in I have at work is great. I choose to get a ViewSonic for home, 22in. The Viewsonic does all that i need, but looking back, i should have just purchased the same Apple Display, and wrote it off year after year.

But hey, i saved $500!

3. ipodtouchy333 thread starter macrumors 65816

thanks for responding.. ya it is expensive but I just love the Apple-y design.

4. macgruder macrumors 6502

23" ACD is a S-IPS display. Very good for color work. It's about the cheapest sips you can buy so go for it.

5. bill hilly macrumors newbie

What I love is how the Mini fits right on the base of the ACD with an opening in the base for the cables.

6. ipodtouchy333 thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks again everyone. I'm thinking now about a blackbook and 23" display. It sounds really nice and then i could have a desktop and laptop and my old PC of course, lol.