Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ipodtouchy333

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 15, 2007
US
Hello, I'm looking to buy my first mac. I love the look of the cinema displays and am thinking of getting a mac mini (when they're updated) with a 20" or 23" cinema display. I have heard both good and bad things about them. Anyone else have any suggestions/advice. Thanks...everything is appreciated!

ljones

macrumors regular
Oct 2, 2006
Atlanta, GA
I have to admit the quality on the 23in I have at work is great. I choose to get a ViewSonic for home, 22in. The Viewsonic does all that i need, but looking back, i should have just purchased the same Apple Display, and wrote it off year after year.

But hey, i saved $500!

macgruder

macrumors 6502
Oct 29, 2007
UK
23" ACD is a S-IPS display. Very good for color work. It's about the cheapest sips you can buy so go for it.

bill hilly

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2008
What I love is how the Mini fits right on the base of the ACD with an opening in the base for the cables.

ipodtouchy333

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 15, 2007
US
Thanks again everyone. I'm thinking now about a blackbook and 23" display. It sounds really nice and then i could have a desktop and laptop and my old PC of course, lol.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.