Apple Cinema Display Alternatives?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by One Love 1867, May 11, 2010.

1. One Love 1867 macrumors regular

Hello all,

Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for alternative displays to the Apple Cinema Display?

Currently I have a Mac Mini connected to a 42" HDTV. However, I'm looking to migrate the Mini from HTPC duties to a proper desktop computer, and are therefore after a good display to do it justice on a desktop.

I was considering a 24" Apple Cinema Display, as I'm all for their design and for the sake of continuity, but they retail for £650 in the UK.. which is a little offputting. Costing more than both my Mini and my HDTV did, I'm not sure I can comfortbaly justify that much money on a display.

Contrary to many though, I'm a huge fan of Apple's glossy display, which is probably more of a factor in me wanting one than anything else. Does anyone know of any decent alternatives to the official Apple display that feature a similar quality glossy screen and are asthetically not too dissimilar to the Mini? Doesn't have to be as big as 24", either.. although a glossy screen and a white/silver/aluminium exterior are welcome.

Cheers in advance for any help :)