Apple Cinema Display Flickering

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by gazfocus, Jun 7, 2008.

1. gazfocus macrumors 68000

gazfocus

Hi
    I've got a 23" ACD which is almost 3 years old (The AppleCare expires in November).

The problem is on certain screens, the picture flickers (eg in Photoshop (on PC), when the canvas isn't full screen and you've got the grey background, the grey background flickers). On occassions they whole screen will flicker but not as often.

I thought this might be due to me using a cheap KVM switch but I'm puzzled that it's only intermittent and if it was the KvM switch it would be constant.

Does anyone have any advice? Should I take it back to Apple while it's still under AppleCare?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If you suspect a problem, take advantage of AppleCare while you still have it! You could end up with a new ACD! Don't risk the warranty running out!

3. Attonine macrumors 6502a

The problem may be with the graphics processor rather than the display. If you have Techtool, try running it, though this is not foolproof. Techtool reports a problem with my gfx processor, though the Apple diagnostics on the OS X install disc show no problem. However, I have been able to isolate the problems I have been having with my 30" to gfx processor rather than the display.