Apple Cinema Display/Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by NASCAR, Feb 10, 2012.

1. NASCAR macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

Is the display worth getting if you're only hooking up a Macbook Pro to it? I mean, does the Macbook Pro internals have enough to fully utilize the screen? It seems that such a display would need a good graphics card. I don't know how this stuff works and it may not even matter.

But will it look just like an iMac 27"?

2. simsaladimbamba

Depending on what you display on the 27" ACD (if that is the model you talk about, since there have been others), it will work more than okay, as any MBP can drive a 30" display.

And if you talk about the 27" ACD, it has the same design language as the 27" iMac, but it has not the iMac's chin, thus it will not look the same as the 27" iMac.

3. NASCAR thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your response and yes, I was referring to the latest 27" display.

To make myself more clear, if I was looking at the same website and or/video, would I be able to tell the difference between the screen of an iMac and the ACD.

The iMac 27" screen is stunning! So I wonder if it will look the same with the ACD and my MacBook Pro

4. simsaladimbamba

The ACD and iMac use the same panel technology, thus it will look almost the same, but as every panel is a bit individual, not even two 27" iMac's look the same.