apple cinema display (not THUNDER) + new 15 inch macbook pro

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ian1285, Oct 27, 2011.

1. ian1285 macrumors newbie

sorry for the error the title should be

apple cinema display (not THUNDERBOLT) + new 15 inch macbook pro

my bad! :) :)

hi everyone, i just want to make sure before i start purchasing. i'm planning to buy the new 15inch 2.4 macbook pro and a 27 inch apple cinema display (not thunderbolt) --- i can connect my new macbook pro to the old 27 inch cinema display right? eventhough the new mbp is thunderbolt capable? you might be wondering why i'm choosing the old one. i'm also planning to buy a gaming rig PC that's why i need a display with a mini displayport and not thunderbolt. thanks in advance.

2. simsaladimbamba

To learn more about Thunderbolt (TB) and its compatibility with Mini DisplayPort (MDP):
    [​IMG]

3. Akack macrumors 6502a

4. mohsy90 macrumors 65816

mohsy90

Yup, do not upgrade to the new thunderbolt display. Besides how pointless and ridiculously expensive thunderbolt is at the moment, it doesn't support any mac's, except for thunderbolt macs. So stick with any older cinema display, either the 24" or 27".

5. ian1285 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks everyone, really appreciate it, just making sure. :) so are we expecting videocards with thunderbolt in the future?

6. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

there was a rumour a while ago about a thunderbolt adapter to pci express so sort of.