apple cinema display or 2 hp pavilion 27 xi

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by longthizzz, Jun 2, 2014.

1. longthizzz macrumors regular

which is better ,1 apple cinema display or 2 hp pavilion 27 xi
    the prices are the same , but with the clearness which one is better

2. theluggage macrumors 68030

The 27" Apple LED Cinema Display and Apple Thunderbolt Displays are 2560 x 1440 pixels.

The old 30" Apple Cinema Display is 2560x1600 pixels.

The HP is 1920 x 1080 pixels. It's just not in the same league.

There are other 2560x1440 options available that are cheaper than the Apple options - plenty of other threads here discussing them on this site.

3. longthizzz thread starter macrumors regular

thanks guy I'm a newbie when it comes to monitors

4. theluggage macrumors 68030

Just remember that most of the cheaper large-screen monitors are '1080p' or 'Full HD' = 1920x1080. They'd be great for games or watching movies, but for 'serious' work its worth paying extra for better resolution.

5. longthizzz thread starter macrumors regular

thanks guy
    question i was told by one of the ppl at apple , you can't hook up dual cinema displays , but the thunderport was able too , is that true ?

6. theluggage macrumors 68030

You need to clarify what Mac you're talking about (how many thunderbolt ports does it have?) and exactly what displays you are referring to (ancient-but-good Apple 30" Cinema display (DVI)? old 27" LED Cinema Display (DisplayPort)? current Apple Thunderbolt Display?)

If you've only got one Thunderbolt port (which is also a DisplayPort) then you can only plug in a single Displayport monitor, but if you have two Apple Thunderbolt displays you can plug the first display into the Mac and the second display into the first.

Confused yet?

7. longthizzz thread starter macrumors regular

i think the guy was taking the old 27 led cinema display
    i have the macbook pro the newest based model one with 1 thunderbolt on my machine ...
    i made up my mind to spend the extra money and get the Apple Thunderbolt Display
    how would i connect two thunderbolt display ,

8. theluggage macrumors 68030

The second display plugs into the back of the first one.

Its an expensive option!

The other option that should work (haven't tried it myself) is to get one Thunderbolt display, a Caldigit Thunderbolt Dock, and a second, cheaper display with HDMI.

The dock adds USB3 and HDMI to your Mac, and you can plug both a Thunderbolt display and a HDMI screen into it.

9. longthizzz thread starter macrumors regular

Oh wow didn't think about that

Oh re-thinking maybe one Thunderbolt Display and a cheaper monitor