Apple Cinema Display to powerbook g4

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Finlandboy, May 9, 2010.

1. Finlandboy macrumors 6502

Finlandboy

okay, i stumbled upon an old apple 17" Studio Display CRT (ADC) ( http://www.everymac.com/monitors/apple/studio_cinema/specs/apple_studio_display_17_cl.html ) for only 5 bucks, i couldn't pass it up, even if it was junk.

my plan was to hook it up to my old powerbook 4G (mini-DVI). but once i got it back to my house i realized that the connecter was not a simple DVI connection but an Apple Display Connector. after doing some research i found that i can hook it up to my powerbook though a daisy chain method, with my comp hooked up to a mini-DVI to DVI connector then thats connected to a DVI to ADC connector, which is then connected to the display. now the that all works except that the Apple DVI to ADC Adapter costs 100 dollars on the apple website, and im not trying to pay that much money.

so i was just wondering if anyone knows of somewhere else i can find the connector cheaper or other alternatives to hooking the display up or anything fun to do with the display for the hell of it, thanks!

2. Finlandboy thread starter macrumors 6502

Finlandboy

well do you recommend the apple connecter? or an off brand one?

and is it worth it to set it up? is the quality if the screen good? responds well? and so on...

3. quantum003 macrumors 6502a

quantum003

I would recommend sticking with Apple or Belkin if possible... you get what you pay for I've found...

So you're looking for an *ADC to DVI adapter... I've got one of each (they go the other way too), I would consider selling you mine if you like, I'm not currently using it. :)

4. Finlandboy thread starter macrumors 6502

Finlandboy

i would be interested!!, but i don't got much to spend on it my friend