Apple Cinema Display update?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by prome05, Jun 26, 2007.

1. prome05 macrumors newbie

I've checked around, and I haven't found anything with information on when the Apple Cinema Display line will be refreshed.

Does anyone have any idea when we'll see updates? Also, what updates are expected?

2. epochblue macrumors 68000

epochblue

The Buyer's Guide on this site will give you a rough idea based on past data, but no one is completely certain. And any answers you get regarding features will be nothing but pure, unadulterated speculation, so take all of it with a grain of salt.

3. Glenn Wolsey macrumors 65816

Glenn Wolsey

I've had enough of waiting for these imminent updates and just purchased my 30" Apple Cinema Display, Mac Pro is going to be ordered tomorrow.

If you want it now, get it. If you feel you can wait, do so.

4. uMac macrumors 6502

Yeah with Apple they are very tight-lipped about releases etc. So wait only if you want/can but you could be for a while, or a day.

5. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

Normally the end of August or in September. This year it could also be end October with Leopard and/or new MacPro's. But keep in mind Apple is planning to make all there LCD display with LED backlighting. For now we haven't heard much rumors about that nor that any manyfacturers (and then I mean LG) has brought them out for a reasonible price. I think we are waiting on that. Also any design change in the MacPro's will reflect a design change in the ACD's. Furthermore there are probably some upgrades; 23" will make room for a 24", 160 ppi instead of the 96.

6. joshwest macrumors 65816

joshwest

did the same thing but in the opposite order, ordered my mac pro then ordered a 30 its great..

7. Hmac macrumors 68020

What's to update...?

8. hi-there macrumors member

LED backlight, maybe. Higher contrast ratio, brighter panel, cut 23", replace with 24", maybe a size above 30" (some rumours indicate 40"). Further price drop on smaller displays. These are all possible.

9. hollywoodmacguy macrumors regular

I've also been hunting for any updates on Cinema Displays and they are hard to come by... Some of what folks are waiting for, in no particular order are: built-in iSight, HDMI, LED backlit displays (promised by Steve himself in April).

I have heard - on EXCELLENT authority ;) - that the MBP 17" LED displays are about to be released. About as in 2-3 weeks. So, if they now have 15" and 17", how much further behind could 20, 23 and 30" models be?

Does seem like they could/should (wishful thinking ahead) put out new models to show off Leopard in October... :rolleyes: