Apple Cinema Display

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by GermanyChris, Jul 8, 2012.

1. GermanyChris macrumors 601

GermanyChris

What do you guys think of the 23" Apple Cinema Display?

I'm thinking of trading my 2 24"s for at least one ACD..probably another later on.

2. Nameci macrumors 68000

Nameci

Imo they are worth the trade. I have a fantastic dell 1080 monitor, but when I got my 23 acd i have never looked back. I have calibrated it and the colors are just fantastic. No gloss compared to 24 acd.

3. InuNacho macrumors 65816

InuNacho

How do those stack up against the newer Ultrasharps?

4. wobegong Guest

I'm a bit out of touch with modern LCD's but I would second that the ACD is an excellent monitor - Not as sharp as my MBP display for sure but still excellent and obviously high quality.
    I would suggest looking up the DPI, contrast etc. figures of the ACD and comparing them to see if they still stand up against newer screens.

Start here :- http://www.everymac.com/monitors/apple/studio_cinema/index-cinema-displays.html

5. VanneDC macrumors 6502a

VanneDC

Biggest letdown of the older acd screens use the low refresh rate..

6. Starfighter macrumors 6502a

Starfighter

I recently bought a sweet 24" screen for my gaming PC but I find myself sitting by my 23" ACD. I have the plastic one.
    [​IMG]

7. bizzle macrumors 6502a

I have a 23" Aluminum Cinema Display that I managed to get for the low low price of free because it had the common flashing LED problem. I fixed it with a piece of tape. They aren't bad displays but there are much better options available these days for much, much less money. I use mine on my gaming PC/Hackintosh and it's good enough for me.

8. VanneDC macrumors 6502a

VanneDC

Hey mate, off topic i know, but i just followed your link to your homepage. Very nice little Apple collection and a very nice little webby to display them. Good job mate :D

9. jbarley macrumors 68030

jbarley

First you say you got it for "free", then tell us there are better options available for much "less".
    How do you get less then free?

10. GermanyChris thread starter macrumors 601

GermanyChris

Here is the situation:

I have 2 matching Samsung B2430H's the are attached to a desktop mounted VESA mount. Everything is nice and CLEAN there are no cables to be seen just mount an monitors. While I like the displays they have no USB ports on the back which I'd like to have. There was a 23" Aluminum ACD on Quoka for 300 euro (I would have offered 250) I figured I could sell mine and the mount to recover the cost. I didn't like the idea of going back to a single display but would have found another one eventually.

Anyway he put it on ebay and I'm not going to get into a bidding war for it. It's OK I guess, it took me a year to get the setup put together I have now.

11. Starfighter macrumors 6502a

Starfighter

I think bizzle means less than what they usually go for.

How nice, thank you! :)