Apple Cinema Display?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by doomwrap, Jun 17, 2007.

1. doomwrap macrumors newbie

Hello everyone (new to macrumors forums here),
    I'm currently using a 24"" iMac and am considering getting an additional monitor to have a dual monitor setup. I've been considering an Apple 23"" Cinema display for a while, but i'm not too sure what the quality of the cinema display is like, do they use the exact same panel of those like iMac's? or is the cinema display of a higher quality?

Also the buyers guide has a link to an article from ThinkSecret stating that it will be replaced by a 24"" monitor soon, do you all think i should wait for it if its a plausible rumor??

Thanks alot,
    Doomwrap

2. jshbckr macrumors 6502

I believe the 24" panel in the iMac is identical to the 24" Dell monitor panel. I believe the 23" (while being physically smaller) has the same resolution as the 24" screen, so you'll have the same screen real estate, but the iMac's image will be slightly larger.

3. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

The ACD line has a better type of display then the iMacs. The coloraccuracy should be better, but you'll probably don't even notice it.

4. sananda macrumors 68020

the acd had an s-ips panel which is better quality than the tn panel in the imac.

5. ToastyX macrumors regular

Only the 17" iMac has a TN panel. The 24" has an S-PVA panel, like the Dell 2407WFP.

6. sananda macrumors 68020

interesting. is s-pva as good as s-ips (in terms of colour quality)?

7. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

Could these be the new 20" ACD ?

I was watching a TV show the other night and these screen grabs caught my attention.Does anyone recognize this display ?

Attached Files:

8. joshwest macrumors 65816

joshwest

i do belive thats a cheap HP 17" display, i sold them all the time at CompUSA along time ago they sucked horribly

9. munckee macrumors 65816

Ugh. That better not be the new ACD. Looks horrible.

10. joshwest macrumors 65816

joshwest

Heres a stock image of them they are horrible, the brightness is like a touch screen atm machine
    [​IMG]