Apple Cinema Display

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by deniser, Feb 8, 2008.

1. deniser macrumors 6502

deniser

I received my 20" ACD yesterday and have only just got around to setting it up.

I have it connected to a white MB SR 2.2 with 4gb ram. The colours on the display are really washed out and pale especially in the top from the middle to the left hand corner. I have tried calibrating the colours and altering the brightness but nothing seemed to be making any difference. It also appears to be a little fuzzy like I need to put my glasses on (I do have them on and tried taking them off) The writing is no where near as clear on the ACD as it is on my MB and iMac, nothing feels sharp. It's almost like I have a mac mini connected to a very basic 15" lcd

Any help and advice be very much welcome.

2. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

It sounds like you might have a faulty panel. I'd suggest you get in touch with Apple - they'll likely replace it.

3. deniser thread starter macrumors 6502

deniser

My MB also came yesterday full of deep scratches on the lid which are they replacing. I almost feel like saying take them all back and I'll get the MBP

4. deniser thread starter macrumors 6502

deniser

Thanks for your help. I have rung Apple. The guy went through a few things with me over the phone. The end result is it is faulty and they are sending me a replacement.

5. barijazz macrumors 6502

I like the MBP over the MB for the screen size and backlit keyboard etc.

you should take it into an apple store and have it checked out.