Apple Cinema Display!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by vincecamerano, Jan 18, 2009.

1. vincecamerano macrumors newbie

Okay so here is the deal. I need to get a new cinema display for my studio. Should I go ahead and buy a refurbished 23" display because it looks great and matches my macbook pro. Or wait and hopefully they will come out with something that looks comparable to the older ones. I really like the all aluminum look and am not a fan of the new black glossy products.

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

There already IS a new display. It's 24" and LED. It doesn't work with older MacBook Pros, though.

3. vincecamerano thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I know their is. Im thinking that soon they will update their whole line.

4. Cliff3 macrumors 65816

Cliff3

You are S.O.L. Buy the refurb.

5. ChrisN macrumors 65816

ChrisN

get the 23", it's $750 or you can get the 20" which is $499

6. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Do you have an older MacBook Pro or a unibody? When they update the 30", the 20" will be discontinued and neither the 30" nor the 24" will work with older MacBook Pros.

7. vincecamerano thread starter macrumors newbie

I have the older macbook pro. I think Im just gonna by the refurbished 23". Will I be able to use the screen with my macbook pro closed?? Also you really think they will discontinue the 20"??

8. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Yes, it's called clamshell mode. One you close the lid, use an external mouse/keyboard to wake up the computer. Apple will discontinue the 20" since it is old, but still pretty good hardware. Newer technologies now exist, Apple will be introducing new ACDs, probably during the release of the Gainestown Mac Pro from what I've heard.

9. vincecamerano thread starter macrumors newbie

Unfortunately The Apple refurbished store online is out of 23" displays. Do you think some stores have them in stock still? Thanks for all the input everyone. It's greatly appreciated!

10. MacGeekX macrumors newbie

some stores still have them. you can also try getting one at best buy, my best buy store still has three 23'' ACD left.