Apple claims 1 or 2 things addressed in updates, when usually it's dozens

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by cleo1, Oct 18, 2013.

1. cleo1 macrumors regular

I feel the need to address this—it has become somewhat of a mantra on this board to denigrate another user for believing more issues than just the one or two listed are addressed in Apple's updates. For instance, while 7.0.2 was said to address 'greek keyboard' and 'lock screen bug' (if I remember correctly), is also resolved the web clip bug (adding more than two clip results in crashes), which to html5 devs was the most grievous flaw in iOS7. Just an example.

2. hamiltonDSi macrumors 65816

hamiltonDSi

Apple will never say the real number of bug fixes because they don't want the average Joe's (or not the power users) to know how many bugs their software had.

3. MarcusCarpenter macrumors 6502a

MarcusCarpenter

Or a clue to what the bug was lol

4. Nevaborn macrumors 65816

Nevaborn

That aint the case, power users actually love to see improvements and fixes....also knowing things they never even encountered are getting fixed. A power user knows nothing is perfect but the amount of support the OS gets is what matters.

The real reason I would guess that only the key features being fixed are mentioned is due to two things 1) the list would be quite extensive with many things most people would have no clue as to what they are. 2) Most people aren't power users and don't care about all the little things that get fixed they just want an OS that works properly.

5. hamiltonDSi macrumors 65816

hamiltonDSi

You misunderstood me. Power users love it, I know it because I am a power user.
    I said that normal people (teenagers, moms) don't really care.

6. Nevaborn macrumors 65816

Nevaborn

Oh, I do apologise.

glad we agree. It gets quite embarrassing at times that little giddy feeling you get at updates seeing all the new additions and fixes.

7. TrenttonY macrumors 6502a

I guess I'm not an normal teenager.

8. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

9. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Software companies deploy undocumented fixes all the time.

10. wilky76 macrumors regular

wilky76

Samsung never saying anything to what it fixed or updated, just release a change log with a higher number than the past update.