Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has teamed up with Maroon 5 to add the group's new song "Memories" to the Memories feature in the Photos app, allowing it to be used for photo slide show creations, reports Billboard.

"Memories" will be available as a soundtrack option for a limited time and it is available to iPhone and iPad users running the latest iOS 13 and iPadOS software.

maroon5memories-800x447.jpg

Memories in the Photos app are created when iPhone and iPad users choose to play a curated memory option, which can be set to different soundtracks.

Maroon 5 has also created its own "Made with Memories" video that's available on Apple Music.

Article Link: Apple Collaborates With Maroon 5 to Add 'Memories' Song to Photos App

IPPlanMan

macrumors 6502
Dec 25, 2009
I heard it today while looking at some important and sentimental photos. I was pleasantly “surprised and delighted”. Thanks Tim Apple!

69Mustang

macrumors 604
Jan 7, 2014
In between a rock and a hard place
U2 part 2.

I'm sure money exchanged hands. If you didn't pay for it, you're the product. Apple sold maroon 5 a ad deal.
Am I detecting a cynical tone in your post? If it is, why? There's literally (figuratively speaking) no one dead, alive, or yet to be born who thinks these collabs aren't anything but business deals. It would be like thinking Christian McCaffrey wears Nike's because he likes them or Steph Curry rocks Under Armor shoes for comfort.

hortod1

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2009
On the plus side at least they didn’t push the music to everyone regardless if they wanted it or not

Reactions: Jstuts5797

star-affinity

macrumors 68000
Nov 14, 2007
Maroon 5 did fantastic with Songs About Jane, then went downhill from there. That became apparent after Cardi B. Got featured in a song.

That’s your opinion.

A lot of things are an opinion, right? Still okay to express it? :)
Must say I agree with iModFrenzy – things were a lot better with Maroon 5 at the time of the Songs About Jane album.

Last edited:
Reactions: iModFrenzy

hagjohn

macrumors 65816
Aug 27, 2006
Pennsylvania
Oh God no, please do not force this crap on us.

Youtube sucks because everyone puts music to everything. It's a horrible idea.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.