apple color one scanner 600/27?

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by Macpropro80, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Macpropro80 macrumors 6502

I just got a working apple color one scanner 600/27 with all the cables but no drivers. I don't plan on using it so I want to know if it is worth saving or selling? It also have the original manual and warranty. So Sell or Keep?

2. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

Who can you sell it to? Can you find someone still using an old Mac with SCSI and a pre-OS X system?

Pitch it.

3. MacTech68, Feb 26, 2009
    Last edited: May 14, 2012

MacTech68 macrumors 68000

MacTech68

You can use the ColorOne 600/27 on a B&W G3 with a SCSI card under MacOS 9 but AFAIK that's where it ends.

You need the Driver v4.3 to use the scanner on a G3 and that's the last driver Apple produced.

The Dispatcher-Ofoto Driver v4.2 comes with Photoshop compatible plugin that will work with a number of scanning programs including GraphicConverter.

You have to install the Ofoto Driver 4.2 software first, then replace the extension with the v4.3 (if you're using a SCSI card on a G3.

These are a fairly rare scanner. I have one in my collection. Please try to get it to a collector or somebody that can make use of it. :eek:

4. lostcluster macrumors newbie

Software for the Apple ColorOne Scanner 600/27

Hello,

I have been looking for the original software for this scanner and would greatly appreciate any help in locating it!!!

5. MacTech68, Mar 21, 2009
    Last edited: May 14, 2012

MacTech68 macrumors 68000

MacTech68

Unfortunately, Apple never released the program that used the plugin as a free download, but if you use the plugins that I posted earlier with GraphicConverter, then that should allow you to use the scanner.

If you're looking for the original floppy disks as a collector's item, then I sincerely wish you good luck!

6. macuser2132 macrumors newbie

I have the floppy discs for Apple Color OneScanner

I have the original floppy discs for the Apple Color OneScanner. Still in the plastic, never opened. Send me an email at songwriter2188@gmail.com to make me an offer for them and I will consider it. :)