Apple.com April 1st?

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
I hope you're right not necessarily on the design but on the starting of the counter... My guess is a much simpler design, with the (X-men inspired) X, "Tiger is coming" and a plain counter... not unlike the Panther countdown...

GodBless

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 22, 2005
Mitthrawnuruodo said:
I hope you're right not necessarily on the design but on the starting of the counter... My guess is a much simpler design, with the (X-men inspired) X, "Tiger is coming" and a plain counter... not unlike the Panther countdown...
Perhaps this is somewhat better then:

Attachments

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
All of these ideas seem reasonable. The 4th one is the most Apple-like, IMO - and the one I'll be looking for.

The first 3 are all practical and humorous at the same time.

GodBless

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 22, 2005
Mitthrawnuruodo said:
I think it will be closer to this (maybe with some Tiger stripes somewhere in the background):
You are probably right. I just made my design because the date had so many coincidences and being April Fools Day they just have to say its no joke :D . I know that your design will be a lot closer to the actual design on April 1st on Apple.com though because my design is too complex for Apple (and it doesn't look as visually appealing either) ;) .

fjs08

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2003
I wonder if they'll get Tiger Woods to be some sort of "spokesperson" for OSX-Tiger??? Just a thought. <g> Can you see his golf bag with a huge OSX on it??? Or somewhere on his hat. I know he has a Buick logo on his bag.

Frank

The Black Rock

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2005
Well I suppose in less than a day from now, we will be able to test Think Secret's reliability. I certainly hope that there will be something, but I can already imagine all the weeping and gnashing of teeth if no announcement is made.

miloblithe

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2003
Washington, DC
Rule number (something) of marketing: never say your product is not something bad, because it implies it is. Tiger not being a joke implies it is a joke. Still, I like the idea.

Maybe they could make use this somehow:

Attachments

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.