Apple.com exchange

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by linkgx1, Sep 26, 2014.

1. linkgx1 macrumors 65816

Hi. So I have my Gold 6 Plus on preorder @ Apple.com. When it comes in, if I decided to change to black....can I do it in store? Or do I have to send it back? Thanks!

2. CBSubliminal macrumors 6502

CBSubliminal

You have 14 days to do so. Thats Apple's return policy.

3. aristobrat macrumors G4

FWIW, if you read their official rules for refunds (link below), it says "Note: An iPhone purchased on the Apple Online Store is ineligible for return to an Apple Retail Store.". However, some folks have posted on here that they've been able to do that. In the event the store will switch you out, you're still dependent on the store having what you want in stock.

http://store.apple.com/us/help/returns_refund

4. linkgx1 thread starter macrumors 65816

Hm. Dang. Here's hoping I fall in love with the gold then.:cool:

5. 617aircav Suspended

I was in the same situation but decided to sell it on CL instead of returning it. Needed the expense on my credit card towards earning 40k miles. Found a buyer on CL same day for $120 above what i paid.

6. mlsusa macrumors regular

Not sure about exchanges since the 6+ is in hot demand right now.

But you should be able to go to a retail store and return the phone you bought online even though Apple's web site and online and phone reps will tell you that they need to be shipped back. I just returned the 6 I bought online to the Grand Central store here in NYC. Refund will take a few days but my upgrade eligibility with AT&T was reinstated immediately. So I'm free to buy another one now at the subsidized price if I want to.

To do the full exchange you'll probably need to first return then wait in the walk-in line to take the chance they'll have the one you want. That's what I was told by the guy who took care of my return, but may depend on the store you go to.