Apple.com new orders, 2-4 business days to ship, not June 19th

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thadoggfather, Jun 17, 2009.

1. thadoggfather macrumors 603

thadoggfather

It's past the cutoff date to get a 3GS from apple.com by the 19th, as with new orders it says ships within 2-4 business days.

i ordered mine late sunday night (3AM EST) and it said it would deliver by june 19th and still says prepared for shipment but I'm not really worried.

Just thought I'd let buyers at this point know in case they breeze past the ordering process.

2. joro macrumors 68020

joro

I saw this today on the apple store as well, it doesn’t say delivers by June 19th under the order button. Looks like now you either got one or you don’t as AT&T, Apple, and Best Buy have cut off Friday orders. Anybody heard from Wal-Mart?

3. mikejd1 macrumors 6502

nice, ordered mine at the last minute last night around 5pm ET and it said June 19th, and my order is in prepared for shipping with a delivery date of June 19th

4. wahoo10 macrumors 6502

I noticed this too. I ordered mine from Apple.com for delivery last night around 11, scheduled to deliver by 19th, still says "Prepared for Shipment", not surprised. Got it in right under the deadline :D
    My guess is that what Apple did is ship a ton to the US and left them in storage. All of the early Apple.com orders got shipped from China, since there was time to do so. Anyone ordering past Sunday or so are getting phones that have been in the US for awhile, staged at different locations around the country so that orders placed yesterday had time to process/ship in the two days left before Friday. Any leftovers will be distributed amongst the stores, as well as any extras from China